Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Game

We are playing the game... again. The "are my folks visiting or not" game.... I don't exactly mind this game it is just that we play it so often.

I blame my parents for my commitment issues.

No trip or project is ever scheduled until the last minute. Then it is a mad dash miserable fight scurry to get things to work out.

I like to think that has made me easy-going and flexible.

The truth is it makes me neurotic, over-planning, and unable to commit.

It isn't like they don't have good reasons.

The pickup has a flat tire. The roads are bad. The heifers are due to start calving soon.

They have to go half way by 2:00 today because dad has an mri. The plan was to come the rest of the way, spend the night, load up a bunch of junk they are taking from my work basement (a long story) and go home tomorrow afternoon.

I'm lucky my work schedule is flexible because at this point my schedule is.... "Um, I'm coming in tomorrow.... sometime. Probably early afternoon.... or in the morning.... or something...."

So we may or may not be having company tonight. They usually stay in Sweet's room and I have clean sheets for that bed but I haven't committed enough to put them on just yet....

No comments: