Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Houston, we have teeth.....

Thank the sweet little baby Jeebus for Hyland’s Teething Tablets. After three days and three long, long nights I remembered Hyland’s…. and it hit my like a can of V-8…. I had a bottle leftover from Sweet Boy’s youth….. in the daycare bag! Horray. I have no idea what is in those things but they work better than a shot of tequila and a warm bath….which I’d tried already anyway.

Truly. I know I talk a lot about how different kids are…. But I don’t remember Sweet Boy ever having this kind of trouble with teeth….. we’ve got it all…. Loosey-goosey poop, fever-then-gone, red cheeks, drool, chewing, clingy, gnawing, whimpering, crying, listless (so listless) and crabby (OH the Crabby)…. And it has been going on for days. I kept her home from daycare on Monday… mostly because I like our daycarista too much to subject her to Her Royal Crabbiness.

And the girl wanted her mama. For about 72 hours I was in constant contact with her…. She sat on my lap while I peed. She showered with me. She held my hand while she was in the car seat. She slept on my chest. I love a girl but by Monday morning I needed a little space.

So.

I put her in the kitchen sink. Tossed in a few toys and kept the water warm. Happy baby. She splashed enough to soak the window & the floor (we call that “cleaning windows” and “mopping” at the Homestead) and we all managed to survive the day with a minimum of tequila.

And now. Now. NOW.

She has TWO New Teeth…. NOT the top center teeth… but on the outside…. Combine this with her love of hanging her head off my knees so she can look at the world upside-down and it becomes obvious we’ve been calling her Vampire Bat for three days now. Or Fang. Or Redneck Jack-o-lantern. Or Backwards Beaver. Poor Pumpkin. I have to remember to write this in her baby book……

2 comments:

MeesheMama said...

Oh gosh I'm laughin'!

Anonymous said...

I've been making vampire baby noises at her all week so her new thing is to look at you, hiss, and then grin like a maniac.....

Homestead