Tuesday, August 08, 2006

And then there’s that part about “put on your own oxygen mask first, then assist those around you”…..

IT’S SO TRUE.

It defines parenthood of two, doesn’t it? Come on… those of you with kids know exactly what I’m talking about…. If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.

How am I living this?

I shower every day. Every. Day. I take at least 15 minutes of “personal time” for myself. Shower (speed-shaving is an art form), put on a touch of makeup, brush my teeth… that kind of stuff. How is this being accomplished? A clear shower curtain, a bassinet on wheels & Thomas the train on dvd.

I snack. I always have granola bars (Can I tell you how much I LOVE the goodness that is a Kudo? Candy disguised as a snack food. YUM.) in the car and WATER. Last week (when my parents were both here and we somehow thought it would be a good idea to go car shopping in 95-plus degree heat) I failed on the water consumption and ended up with a raging headache…. I could actually feel how sticky & gummy the backs of my eyeballs were from being dried out…. Really. I thought I would die and managed to sucker my mom into staying an extra few days because of it…. Yeah!

Limiting myself to one or two things off the “must do” list. Today I emailed work with the baby’s insurance info so she will be added correctly. I am planning to drop off videos when I go to town later to help my sister pack up her house… and that’s IT. I’m putting off getting groceries & water-sealing the Adirondack chairs until tomorrow or the next day.

Ok, now I have to go be neurotic & obsessive-compulsive while both kids are asleep…. I’m making enchiladas for dinner, running the dishwasher AND the washing machine, making iced coffee to take to my sister & trying to catch up my Quicken budget…. All at once. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you have time to blog. I am impressed. And the weight loss? Damn, girl!

PSUMommy said...

right there with you on the shower thing (and the power shaving!)...i'm still averaging 1 every other day because the kids refuse to co-operate. so i'm cranky AND stinky.

everything else- holy crap, woman, car shopping? "just" helping your sis PACK UP A HOUSE? even with 2, it took me a month to come out of my baby haze!

Susan said...

Oh, the shower is key. And a little mascara does wonders to make a girl feel human again.

And OH MY GOD you have some CUTE little 'uns there!