Thursday, June 28, 2012

What do YOU do when you hubby goes out of town????

June 8, 2012.  This is my house on a typical Friday night....  BUT.  This was the first time EVER that I'd been home overnight BY MYSELF.  No husband.  No kids.  Hot was on a fire in Melstone and the kids were at Grandma & Grandpa's because we had no daycare. 

And then this happened...

And oh my HELL.... is that DIRT?  Sifty silt.  Horrified.

Good bye pink carpet..... goodbye.....

Holy PEE spots.  Ack.  Ew.  Ugh.  Yes, I washed the clothes I was wearing with color-safe bleach and a double rinse.  And a discovery..... there were spots in places the dog hasn't been... like under furniture.  So, possibly, he has been, in his senile way, marking his territory.  UPDATE:  Dog has not peed on floor since carpet came out.  It is a MIRACLE.  I am no longer going to put "designer of doggy diapers" on my resume due to my stylish manufacturing of adult undergarments from ace bandages and baby diapers....  Now who wants the size 1 Target diapers I have left over?


Here's one of those "Oh shit, what have I done" moments. 


The brown in the middle isn't bad... not loving the reddish stuff they painted the edges with... and all the white stuff seems to come off with scrubbing....


Stay tuned..... there is more to the story.....

3 comments:

sarahp said...

good lord woman! my hubs leaves tomorrow to stage in colstrip, so lets see what kind of project i can find! maybe finishing painting the outside of the house would be smart!

Homestead said...

Finish-shminish. I just like to start projects... and do demolition. I don't ever actually finish anything....

Elle said...

That's why you need me . . . . I'm a finisher. You just get it started. I hit my stride right about the time you peeter out, so go ahead and get 'er going . . . . I'll kick it into overdrive right about the time you settle in with your Miller 64 on the couch.