Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It Coulda Been Worse....

Last night my husband came to the door with a sad look on his face.


He was trying to tell me something without the kids realizing it and I THOUGHT he mouthed "I just ran over a cat" which was very sad and not at all what he said.
He backed over Sweet's bike.... which I pointed out to him was not as sad as running over a cat. AND the GOOD NEWS.... Sweet was not ON the bike at the time. (Side note: Anyone else notice how many local kids are getting hit by cars lately??)

It wasn't even Sweet's 'spensive $15 bike... it was the 50 cent bike Papa got him at the last sheriff's auction. Bent the back rim and scratched the bumper on the van. Granted... I just invested $8 in tire tubes for it but I'm hoping we can send Papa to the NEXT auction to buy another 50-center so we can steal the rim and fix this bike.
Sweet was very sad but understanding... he and daddy both said they were sorry. The bike that DIDN'T get smooshed is:

No comments: