Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day.....

What are you getting your hubby for Father's Day?

What? Father's Day? I'm his SPOUSE.... not his kid.... do I have to get him something?


Ok. Ok. Ok.

So I did have a fabulous MOTHER'S DAY.

So I suppose I should return the favor.

We are trying to be all "Dave Ramsey" at our house so a practical gift is in order. Honestly, he bought parts to repair his sprayer and that should be enough.... but I will probably spring for some other little things.

I may get him a coffee shack gift card. I pulled into the coffee shack the other day (with the remains of my $25 g/c from September) and Sweet said, "Oh, daddy takes us here all the time. Please get me a steamer, would ya?" Apparently THAT is where all the cash in the cookie jar keeps disappearing too....

Or a dvd. He has a list of ones he wants to own.

He really wants power tools... but the deWalt drill he likes best is NOT in our budget.

We will get his dad money for season college football tickets.... always a safe bet.

And my dad? Well, I took him to CostCo and bought him whatever he wanted.... he got a giant bag of pretzels and a couple of tubs of dates. He's happy. We've trimmed Hallmark-holiday gift giving in my family to the $15-$30 range.... which is nice for everyone.

Wait a minute. I bought Hot Stuff a NEW 4-WHEELER for Father's Day. Granted, it is a 1986 Yamaha.... but still.... I signed the check for it. Yeah... how much would YOU pay for it??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post!! Well, I like to shop at Things Remembered for all occasional gifts.

MeesheMama said...

Ew, you got spammed.

If I got anyone in my life a tub of dates as a gift they might just hit me outright. Glad that worked out better for you!

Anonymous said...

You should have paid WAY MORE!!!! (that might be the only inheritance I get.....)