Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So the only thing I actually needed was the hot glue gun and the alka-seltzer....

Why did I need the glue gun?

Well.... I glued flowers on a tractor.

And daisies on ponytail holders.... and a dab of hot glue on a new hat band will keep it in place.

And we seriously considered some combination of hot glue and spray starch for our hair.... the wind.... she blows. Rained on the outdoor ceremony.... but when two farming families are getting married.... well, everybody is excited about rain..... The reception was a blast and the food was great.

It was fabulous.

My hubby got drunk enough to dance but not TOO drunk to dance.... you know that place? He was in the zone.

The power strip was handy for the hairstylist.... she didn't have enough plug ins for all the hot rollers. I didn't take a single photo or video. The infamous "orange bag" was used a lot... bandaids, clear nail polish, nail file, safety pins, glue gun, sewing kit, scissors, extra ribbon, alka-seltzer, spray starch.... those kinds of items.

My niece.... Olive.... chewed up the new water bottle I got her mother for her birthday... which is pretty amazing to consider when you realize the underbite she has....

My kids rocked out until 1:00 am. Well, they napped on couches... but they loved it.

I told my dad I loved him with alka-seltzer..... he needed it.... rare for him. He rode his motorcycle up on Friday and home Saturday morning to do chores.... almost froze to death.... came back in the car.

What else?

Can't think. Tired.

The next few days will be consumed with laundry, unpacking and returning all the things we bought but didn't need.... oh, like all THREE pairs of sandals.... I wore long johns and boots under my dress.

No comments: