Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do other people have days like this???

Sorry for the radio silence.... I was traumatized by Victoria's Secret.

From that last post down there about cleaning my closets you will note I needed to go bra shopping. You did note that, didn't you?

Well Saturday was the day. I started the day bright and early by driving to Brady with my daughter. We stopped along the way to get coffee (dude, I needed some sort of luxury... I was about to meet my brother's future mother-in-law) and my sister. My sister got new boots. Wow. Lovely. Doc Marten's (sp?).

I'll spare you the part about watching her drink her fiber drink through a straw while I was driving. Oh, wait, I didn't just spare you that, did I?

So we went to our future sis-in-law's bridal shower (note to self: Stop calling it a baby shower..... you'll make people talk) and had a good time. Excellent punch. (Although there was no booze in it.) Good turn out. (Much to the pleasure of my brother's future mother-in-law.... I think these things reflect well on the status of the family, don't you??) Great gifts.

Then we journeyed back to the big town to see her wedding dress options. Again... I needed coffee. She looked good and the decision was made. Hope she likes the dress.... the rest of us loved it. Sis & I decided we could submit her photos to Nutrisystem and make a few bucks because the girl is looking GOOD. She's dropped about 45 pounds in the last year. A year ago I would have told you she looked good. Now she is drop-friggin-dead gorgeous. And you'd need a putty knife to scrape the grin off my brother's face.

We didn't make it to my FAVORITE store to shop the clearance before closing time. But we did hit Vickie's Secret to find me a fabulous bra. NOT. NONE fit. NONE. Nothing was even close. Not comfortable, not sexy, not supportive. Not good. Mom was busy entertaining Tuff... who was in tactile heaven with all those silky things. Sis & I were looking at each other with puzzlement.... seriously.

So we headed to the big department store at the end of the row to see what they had to offer. I wanted to check out the iBra by Wacoal because my seriously fashion forward cousin loves them. And I needed a new jog bra. Strike Out. The iBra was not working for me and the brand and style of jogger I wanted wasn't in stock. Sigh.

So I saw a cheaper on-sale-for-$18 bra that was cute. Tried it on. Perfect. Thank you very much Bali. And I got a free Estee Lauder lipstick with purchase.

The End.... Until next time.

2 comments:

MeesheMama said...

Oh honey, I feel you on the bra department. My boobs have no idea what they want to be or do these days, besides slump and pout and be, I don't know, gummy or something. And the damn VS saleswoman had the nerve to insist (repeatedly) that I was a B cup, even after I showed her (repeatedly) how I poured right out of all the ones she brought for me. That shopping trip was a disaster. Post baby boob recovery is a long and arduous (and money-wasting) process. I'll let you know if I have any revelations in that quest.

Elle said...

victoria's secret is for the younger poplulation now -- i can't drag my stroller in -- heck, the kids are walkin' .. i use the stoller to bring my boobs in -- i'm too old for vicky's.