Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Love Hate Bathroom Edition

I haven't done a love-hate post since the kitchen.
Here's a shot of the shower.

Love This: Yes, I am a label peeler, why do you ask?? And, yes, we do have LAVA soap in our shower....

Hate This: The shower caddy is starting to break... see the sag. See the hard water deposits and general nastiness on the shower head? I love "moonlight path" shower gel and body lotion but for some reason the rest of the line smells like old lady. Why?




The sink area

Love This: How funny is it that there are THREE different colors of bulbs.

Hate This: Elle, what were we thinking with the paint color? Cluttery little shelf. Cluttery toothbrushes. Cluttery.


Oh look, here's the other side... a FOURTH bulb color....

Yes, it is really 6:17AM.... and yes, I have already been up for an hour.... why??

See the safety first door locker.... and see how ugly the cabinet is....thinking of painting it white..... too bad I failed to photograph the ugly counter tops.... next time.

In case you were thinking the only ugly lights were in the kitchen and bedrooms..... I got TWO of these gorgeous babies in the bathroom....

Love this dresser. Used to be the baby changer. It was an old broken down piece of junk I found and stripped down... I love the color. Missing pulls and all.... I like it.

Hot Stuff stores his work clothes here (so he doesn't wake any stray children sleeping in our bedroom when he leaves in the middle of the night for a fire) but this, this drives me nuts.
This is my new "happy-birthday-to-you" toilet seat. So much nicer and more hygenic than the padded one before. And, yes, there are a lot of Eastman's Hunting Journals on our pot. And yes, those are looks-like-corel-ware flowers on the linoleum.
This is what you look at while sitting on the can at our house. Ew, ew, cluttery mess. The bottom shelf is a basket of boy jammies. The next is girl jammies and baby blankets. And on and on..... messy, messy, messy. There isn't much to love about this... except the snoboy box on top hiding the toilet paper. I love that box. Got it for $3 at a garage sale... the guy gave me a deal if I promised to take all the junk IN the box too.... so I did... and found some real treasures in there... including a wrench that FIXED OUR TOILET one time.... ah, good times, good times....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I asked Santa for a wardrobe/armoire type thing for our bathroom. We have no linen closet in our entire house. Our linens are spread about, and we are using an old dresser that is in desperate need of stripping and refinishing (it was my dad's as a boy!) for sheets and a few towels. But the drawers don't close, and the sticky-outy towels and sheets drive me NUTS.
oh, and we have LLBean catalogs, GQ magazine (with Jessica Alba; not that my husband is the GQ kind of dude), and several ranch machinery catalogs on our pot in the "pooping" bathroom.
Just in case you wanted to know.
--One Crue Miles City Mama!

Homestead said...

Eventually the Eastman's get banished to the garage but he saves Every. Single. Issue. forever and ever.

I wish we had a "pooping" bathroom. One bathroom sucks.

We have no linen closet..... the joys of an 1897 home....

Elle said...

I love that color --in your bathroom -- someone with cool taste picked that out. I also LOVE that SNOBOY thing on top of the thing that holds the stuff. Still looking for hooks to replace towel bars??