Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Love This - Hate This: Kitchen Edition



Love this: Sign. From Elle. Above the sink.

Hate this: Paint color.... antique white? Everyone I work with... and we are talking designers amazing..... LOVES Antique White. Give me Navaho White any day. Apparently.... I don't like warm and pink.




Hate this: Chipped sink faucet. Dent in the faucet base (courtesy of hanging the above sign with a teeny-tiny nail to "just see how it looks" and then... crash!). Ugly hard water stains. Oddly unpleasant minty hand soap. Pink countertop.

Love this: Um, I love that it gives me water? Usually. Except when the power is out for SIX HOURS on Sunday.





Love this: Tiny pottery pitcher full of toothpicks. Lovely pottery bowl full of change. See how lovely the deck looks with new stain. Deep windowsills from old log cabin structure.

Hate this: Worn window paint (you can't really see how awful it is) on the outside and inside. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to this candle stink.... it is gone now and replaced. Wow, those are some d-i-r-t-y windows.




Love this: Tiny tomato crop.

Hate this: Masking tape to make the coffee pot work. Pink countertops (trust me, the photo is simply NOT doing them justice).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duct tape would be more effective, as well as asthetically pleasing. You may even consider velcro.... You could get the black stuff, but it wouldn't stand out enough for me. Actually, you could cover your countertops with duct tape - what's better, pink, or silver?? See, it could be worse.

Homestead said...

Remember when mom covered the counter tops with wood-laminate contact paper? Ahhh... the 1970's....

We tried stick-on velcro... it got too hot and melty and slipped... maybe if I used gorilla glue on it?

Speaking of.... gorilla TAPE is a sexy and modern black (why, yes, I did use it to repair the car mirror...why do you ask??) and that would make a lovely counter top....

Elle said...

Ooh, ooh . . . . book tape comes in a variety of stylish colors suitable for every decor. I'm currently doing repairs and some minor construction with purple.