Friday, November 09, 2007

Thomas can bite me.

Oh I regret the day I said, "Well, if you want to get him Thomas get him the classic wooden stuff and not the plastic stuff."

It isn't like the kid has a ton of Thomas. He has the figure-8 set, the fire station crew and Harold the Helicoptor. Of course, of those pieces FOUR were in the June recall. So I, dutifully, removed them from his sister's mouth and put them in a big padded envelope with the proper forms and mailed them away.... June 19th.

Around the end of September I realized I hadn't gotten a "confirmation email" regarding my toys. So I called the 800 number. No record of me. Someone will call back by the end of next week.

A month later. Still no phone call. No email. No toys. I'm not planning to waste a lot of energy on this.... the kid would rather play with my sewing machine than the train set but I'm willing to make one more phone call. Nothing. No record. Can I fax the form I sent? Sure.

I get this:

From: recalls@rc2corp.com
Subject: Thomas Wooden Vehicle Recall
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:22:37 -0500

Dear HOMESTEAD,

We wanted to let you know that we received the items you have returned to RC2 Corporation in response to our voluntary recall. Please be assured that we are working diligently to replace your product in a timely manner. In the meantime, if you need to contact us regarding your replacement, please use Reference Number xxx.

You can also check the status of your order by visiting RC2Corp Thomas Recall Order Status. You will need your Reference Number to access the site.

The trust you have placed in the Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway brand is very important to us. We want you to know that we fully understand and share your concerns and are dedicated to safeguarding that trust. Since our recall announcement a few weeks ago, we've focused on three primary objectives:

1. Recovery of products subject to the recall

2. Determination of what happened

3. Thorough review of our processes and procedures to prevent it from happening again and to assure consumers that our products are safe.

We are making progress on all three objectives, and we deeply appreciate your patience and loyalty during this time.

Regards,
RC2 Corporation


I don't care. My kids are getting bubble wrap and cardboard boxes for Christmas this year. How about yours??

3 comments:

M&Co. said...

We are such bad parents we've not had ANY of the recalled items. But the BoyChild also tends to be VERY hard on things so a lot of stuff gets broken and disposed of early. Now if Hot Wheels are ever recalled, we'd lose a lot of those.

Anonymous said...

What does your husband think of your son playing with the sewing machine? Come to think of it, what does Social Services think of it? I haven't seen the inside of the cabin recently - have you got a Homestead Sweatshop going?? "Honestly, Officer, he LIKES doing it......"

Elle said...

Seriously -- James and his tender along with Sarge and the Scuba Batman are all on my list, but quite honestly -- it'd be easier to just pitch the damn things. Padded envelopes and postage might not fit into my post-partum venue.