Friday, January 05, 2007

New Years Past

Past resolutions I have made:
1. Eat ice cream every week. (Oh, sure, easy in August…. You try shoveling in a bowl mid-fudge season…. It ain’t so easy, is it?)

2. Get no parking tickets. (If my office lot is full I park on the street in 2-hour parking and never remember to move my car….. $20 a pop….. I used to ignore them until the end of the year when they had a “half-price” sale if you brought in a food share donation….. then I married Mr. “Oh-my-you-can’t-have-this-outstanding” and I have to pay them right away….. so I just vowed to quit getting them. I’ve done really well the last few years…. But I think that has to do with how few parking attendants there are rather than remembering to move my car….)

3. Not set foot in Wal-Mart. (It’s not that I hate big-box retail…. CostCo & Target are my friends…. It’s just something about that store…. It gives me a rash. I can’t find anything and it is clear across town (insert laughter…. A town of about 25K).

4. Eat more fruit. (And my love affair with yogurt-covered raisins began….)

5. Wear every article of clothing in my possession. (Failed miserably… but Good Sam’s got lots of great donations at the end of the year…)

6. Make a baby. (Who knew that one would be so tough??)

7. Eat chocolate every day. (I missed a few days….. I just couldn’t bring myself to pop a hershey’s kiss in my mouth after brushing my teeth.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't know Wal-Mart is the anti-christ of retail. I've not been in nearly five years. We almost broke down when our headlight went out and we were driving back from vacation but it really wasn't that bad with just one headlight and we all made it home safe!