Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Can.

So do you think this potty seat would be more sanitary than this Dora seat we are currently using?

Wait.

Let me back up.

We already have several potty apperati. We have the singing potty. Singing. Potty. I bought it for $17 and it worked like a charm.... Plunk him on it during Saturday morning cartoons and reward him like crazy when you hear the trumpet fanfare. It was a piece of living room furniture for several months.... it's in the bedroom for night time pottying now. (Yes, our house is small but his room is as far as humanly possible from the toilet.) Then we have the antique wooden potty..... perfect because it has a snack tray. Yes. A potty chair with a snack tray... do they make these in adult sizes? Seriously, if the kid is so inclined, how do you keep them ON a modern potty? You can't. But with a tray you can. We also had a spare First Choice potty that was a hand-me-down..... and we like to have a potty in every room. Then we had the hand-me-down Dora seat-insert potty and, yes, mommy is too cheap to spring for the fancy wooden foot stool (Sweet Boy uses a mini crate -a mini crate I stored CD's in when I was in college -for a step stool). He kept knocking the pee-guard ("for boy's tails" according to my 3-year-old niece) in the toilet and getting frantic about it so we took it off. He knows how to "tuck his unit" anyway. But, the problem is.... ew. I hate grabbing that nasty -and often WET- thing off the toilet. Is there a way around this?

Now.... let me clarify. We aren't buying this just to be yuppie parents. (Although, really, isn't that reason enough? Then I could get a bumper sticker that says, "MY OTHER potty sings....") We really do need a new toilet seat.... the one we have is padded. Need I say more? (Yes, I know, we've lived in this house for several years... it just never was at the top of the "to do" list.... but it is starting to crack.... (ha-ha, no pun intended) and that moves it up the list considerably....) I'm more of the $7.99 cheap-o seat kind of person than the $24.99 fancy seat kind of person.... and then there is the aesthetic... the toilet is tan.... can I put a white seat on it?

Oh, internet, do you see the challenges I face on a daily basis???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hhhhhmmmm....decisions, decisions decisions. I actuall think the Dora potty seat is very nice. The musical potty seat kind of creeps me out. But hey, if it works, who am I to complain. And I understand all about that have a potty in every room. I think that's a plan!

Anonymous said...

And you know what? You are falling down on the baby picture front. No pressure or anything but snuggly sweet smelling babies, even in pictures, are what I live for.