Friday, January 05, 2007

My 2007 Resolution aka. Screw working out and weight loss....

My resolution for 2007 is to continue to simplify.

This led to a funny phone conversation with Elle last night. Typically, I call her when I am grocery shopping alone…. Mostly just to brag about the “me” time (see how this simplifying thing works? I now consider talking on the phone in the dairy isle a special luxury).

I was having a dishtowel dilemma.

I’m serious.

These are the days of my Life.

See, I have these dishtowels my (now deceased) beloved Gram made for me… the ones with the little crocheted tops on them. The towels themselves are pretty garish (Gram was nothing if not colorful) and not really my style. (Style? Ok, my I-wish-I-had Style is vintage-looking flour sack towels in ticking stripes… if you are shopping for me.) So Elle gave me exactly the advice I needed, “Put them in the rag bag. You still have them but they aren’t cluttering up your cupboards or your kitchen.” I love that girl. I’m sure, last time she visited, she was wondering why the hell I had them in the first place.

So the simplifying continues. I feel like I should make an accomplishment checklist just to show you how very complicated I can make simplifying. Then I would feel so very accomplished, holier-than-thou, and helpful. You could either take it and modify it as a “how to” list for your own simplification plan or use it as yet another reason to hate me for my smugness.

Next stop…. Dvd and vhs organization…. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh. You mean being in the grocery store alone isn't a luxury?

I have those towels. I love them. You dry your hands on them, but you can't wipe up the floor with them and no one walks away with them.

Dee said...

I don't do resolutions. I never keep them. The ragbag idea is a good one. I have a few of those dishtowels. I had an aunt who was 'creative.' I loved her but she had crappy taste. *s*