Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Popsicle weather....

I have pictures but I can't get them to load....

Yesterday was about 25-30 degrees F and sunny. I bundled the kids and we walked to the mailbox. Then we played with the sled on the ice in the yard. Darling Girl sat in her bouncy seat on the porch for a bit, then went in the dining room (just inside the door) while I sat in the sunshine with a big box of baby clothes from the shed and sorted them. Sweet Boy was playing in the yard and with his toys in the barn. We finally went inside because we were all getting hungry.

We were outside for over an hour.

I had on canvas pants and a fleece pull-over, a hat & gloves. Sweet Boy was wearing snowpants & a ski coat, stocking cap & mittens. Darling Girl had on her fleece snowsuit & a hat. Both kids had vaseline on their cheeks (frost nip is my biggest fear....).

Are we crazy or just climatized? I remember the first weekend it was below freezing and I thought I would DIE before spring. Now I'm out in below-freezing weather in a glorified sweatshirt? I've heard stories of guys at the South Pole cutting ice with no shirts on in 10 degree F weather..... and I love to think my kids are tough little buggers but playing trucks (you should see him try to push a toy wheel barrow over ice....) in freezing temps seems just a bit shy of insane to me....

No comments: