Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Lunch Date

I know you think I'm just ignoring you but I'm not.....

Although I did have to make THREE (double) batches of fudge and buy a new candy thermometer (read: rock-hard, over-cooked fudge... but my sister will eat it) before I had rewards I deemed acceptable for the mail lady. Now maybe the crazy bitch will deliver our mail to our house instead of my in-laws....

And it isn't that I'm so terribly busy attending elegant affairs (I really wanted to say "soirees" but I'm not sure how to spell it...) this holiday season.... I'm not that popular.

It's just that we got a new COSTCO in Helena and I've been spending (and spending my free time) there.....

(Kidding, only kidding.... but I have gotten a lot of milk there and I'm fully stocked for toilet paper through 2010.....)

PS. For you comparison shoppers.... the only thing I've found so far that is significantly "cheaper elsewhere" is nicorette gum. The Target brand is $30-ish for 110 pieces and the Nicorette brand at CostCo is $62-ish for 190 pieces. And, so far, the gas has been consistently a nickel or more cheaper per gallon.... not sure that justifies the $50 membership but we've compromised by calling it a "mama date" and we shop then share a slice of cheesy pizza. (Imagine my surprise and delight to see $1.99/slice pizza after the nightmare of buying pizza in the airport with my dad.... at least now I know where to take him for lunch next time he is in town....)

No comments: