Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Random Responses

In response to this post from Elle.

1.  Bandaids and such.  You can condense all those boxes of 25 down into about 4 boxes if you don't mind mix-n-match bandaid grabs.  That's my only tip.  Oh.  And it makes me think how EXPENSIVE hoarding must be....  If $1722 fits in a mid-sized box.... how much money is in a hoarded house?  Hmmm.

2.  We aren't in the Survivor habit because we didn't have that channel for several years.  Now we have the channel but hardly ever watch it.  Something else must be on in that time slot that we watch... I wonder what it is.

3.  The Bachelor makes my teeth hurt.

4.  2011 wasn't the greatest year around here.  Maybe a nice review would help.

5.  I did some goals.  I enjoy hearing your health goals, triumphs and setbacks. 

6.  Yes, more organizing please.  I'm in the throes right now.... as usual.

7.  I reinvent and rededicate myself to the meal planning goal on a weekly basis.  Sigh.

8.  I figure if I let it be in their closet then they have the right to wear it.  On that note... several pairs of ratty leggings went OUT of Bugsy's drawer this weekend.  Tuff likes to wear yoga pants and a long-sleeved shirt under a cute graphic t-shirt with knee high socks.  That's her mo.  Sometimes jeans.  And we cut her hair off so she can wear it up or down now.... no more ratty stocking cap pony tails.
 
9.  I haven't gotten my rewards certificate.  I hope I didn't toss it.  I'm on budget for groceries so far this month. 

10.  I'm looking to replace our impossible-to-clean George with a more all purpose thing with removable plates..... My cousin has one she got at Costco but it must be seasonal.... she even had a coupon for it.  So I'm watching...  My mom has a panini press and it is AWESOME.  Grab some bread, slice up some nice veggies, toss on some cheese and squeeze away.  Yum.  The way I do it now involves an electric frying pan (because our stove top cooks too hot) and a cast iron skillet to press it.  Not so easy or pretty and time consuming when the 7-year-old eats the sammies faster than I can cook them and need at least 3.

2 comments:

Christal said...

So... speaking of tv shows... I felt like I was a stalker... but I think I saw you coming out of Target this week. By yourself with no kids. It was just a fleeting glimpse when I was driving by. I did a double take and thought where do I know her from? Then when I got to the turn to the parking lot... it clicked... from this blog's photos. It was an odd feeling.

I don't usually live in the same area as the person who's blog I've commented on.

Homestead said...

You are my favorite stalker. I WAS at Target by myself.... I can't remember what day. It doesn't seem fair.... YOU NEED A BLOG!!! :)