Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Financially Fried

I'm feeling that kind of financial pressure that has me needing to breath into a paper bag for a minute.  You know what I'm talking about?

I'm sure it isn't anything I can't handle.

Breathe.  Breathe.  Breathe.

December's credit card bill was, um, big.  So was January's.  And for a chunk of time in there Hot was not bringing in a full paycheck. 

Part of that was my excellent new dishwasher.... and I've been without for almost all of 2010 so I'm not complaining about that at all.

The Subie had some issues and cost almost $300 (and two hours of my life) to fix.

The kids started gymnastics... there's another $300.

Hot has had 3 major-ish health issues in 2010... nothing life threatening but all adding up in doc visits and meds and such. 

The pellet stove went on the fritz and cost us almost $300 in part and labor.  The awesome guy that fixes it for us came back a few days later to fix a jam in the auger for free so I can't complain.  I should take him a batch of cinnamon rolls for that.

We had some restoration work done on some antique family furniture.... we got a great deal on it but it was still almost $300 total.

Then January brings the house payment and registration for two of our vehicles. 

And I toasted my brake pads AND roters.....  another cool $300.

I got the breakout for 2010 daycare costs.... I'm not even going to tell you.

This weekend the high speed internet dude is coming to our house and that's going to cost... you guessed it... another $300.

Sweet is doing yet another fund raiser... cookie dough and pasta kits this time. 

Next up is taxes and property tax payment.

The pressure pump is dying.  The built in microwave is dead and I really want to remodel the kitchen.  We are doing the next tiny phase of our remodel plan this spring by replacing the septic system so it is upgraded for a house with more bedrooms. 

Ok... time to focus on SOMETHING ELSE for a while......

No comments: