Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Things I am Thankful for.....

Last night was a perfect evening.

No tv.

The kids were playing nicely. Darling Girl was "coloring" with a blue marker in her notebook. She loves her notebook. I love washable markers. She holds the marker correctly and in her left hand. Sweet Boy was playing "football" with his imaginary friends.... complete with commentary. Hilarious. His sister was the coach. "Coach, coach, what play should we run??"

Bed time was peaceful. Each kid has a basket on a shelf in the bathroom and they can get their own jammies out. Darling Girl usually comes out dragging her jammies by one leg and wearing her brother's jammies on her head. Goofball. Books and snuggles for everyone.

I sipped tea and wrapped "just one more" gift while Hot Stuff read "just one more chapter" of the chapter book he and Sweet Boy are working their way through. Then he suggested opening a bottle of wine and we settled down with a nice ipod playlist. I paged through Christmas magazines from the past few years (part of my holiday decor and very relaxing) while he read a book. The conversation was mellow and relaxed.

It was a perfect evening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely. I can almost picture it all. And, well, I'm a little jealous.

Many more evenings like that to you.