Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Decor: The Kitchen

My lovely kitchen window.  Yes, it needs painting.  Yes, it needs cleaning.  Yes, it needs replacing.  But cute, right?
 Oh look.... the dead built-in microwave.  On the other side is the gaping hole (covered by a baby gate) that was the dishwasher.  The power is unhooked to it which also took out several outlets in the kitchen... in case you were wondering if we are rednecks.... just in case.

Does anyone else use their teapot as Christmas decor?  It is under the cabinet the rest of the year.  Also funny... paper towel holder... empty... because the cats shred the towels when we are away.

My dream is to re-do these cabinets.... maybe strip and stain a shade darker and add knobs of some sort.  Re-do the counter tops and re-configure the layout.  Get rid of the built-in stuff and get a free-standing oven/stove. 
 My lovely fridge.  I know.... stainless is in... but I like mine.
 Oops... there's the side of it that I cleaned the counter onto.... that's cleaned up now... I swear.

No comments: