Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The ER Update

The boys spent the rest of last week at home. They watched FIVE movies in one day. That has got to be some sort of record. I also have it on good authority they may have watched some movies that were not "child appropriate" during the week. But we will let the boys have their secrets, won't we? (Except each of them, independently, ratted themself out to me.) What is wrong with a little "Young Guns" and "Transformers" anyway? Heck, we let all three kids watch Harry Potter on tv last week..... and Tuff loves the Medusa-faced guy in "Pirates" so what the hell....

Friday morning I walked into the clinic, smiled at the volunteer on duty and sort of waved the pee cup I was carrying at her. She tipped her head and grinned back. I dropped the cup at the lab... taking a moment to notice how stylish and great-looking both of the lab attendants are.

Hot took Sweet to the doc that afternoon. He gets to wean off the steroids by early next week and has to do a pee test and bp check every Friday for the next two months.... then every month.... then every other month.... for a year.

Let's just stop a moment and say a big fat "amen" for health insurance. I may not love my job but I have health insurance.

Much love going out to my staff for getting him "Up" and a "Where's Waldo?" for get well, to his daycare provider for the balloons and m&m's, and to Hot's co-workers for making him able to be home all week.

Also to several really great docs and nurses at the hospital..... wow.

No comments: