Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Bah-humbug Already

I have decided to give up on Christmas for a few days. I'm just not into it so I'm taking a break.

A break from... what? I haven't really done anything anyway. And I haven't been very gung-ho to shop.... shopping means spending money and I just can't do it right now. It hurts me.... physically and deeply.

I'm done shopping for some and have ideas for others and my motivation is GONE. So I'll sit back and have a cup of tea and wait for inspiration.

I got my lot of holiday books from ebay ($17 shipped for 10 books) and they are lovely. I am going to wrap them (maybe tonight) and put them in a wicker basket along with wrapping a bunch of winter-themed ones we already have around and the kids can open 2 per night for the 12 days of Christmas and we will read them. I can't wait to read "Stranger in the Woods" and "Tacky the Penguin" again.

2 comments:

Christal said...

One of the Christmas presents we looked most forward to for years was from a friend who gave us a jar of homemade fireweed jelly and homemade English muffins. So, if you're stuck, try the homemade food route - cookies, bread, etc.

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Hmmmm - I was counting on you to continue to inspire me!