Friday, June 12, 2009

Exam T minus 2+ weeks

You have got to go read Dooce. She's pregnant and due, um, any day now. Read the post when she talks about getting an internal exam.... I'm SO GLAD my experience is not her experience..... it hurt her. Now, I'm not saying it was a cake walk, but, seriously.... it takes about a minute and, well, he does use lube, right?

And then she says "the last 3 times she examed me" or something like that... and I go, "WHAT?" And then I go, "WHY????" Why all the coochie-looking? What does it tell you? Nothing. So why do it?

Internets, today was my first internal exam. (Ok, wait, yes... I had an exam at 27 weeks when I was contracting to get a "cervical baseline" in case it happened again... I also got an ultrasound then.) I am due in, what, 15-17 days? The only reason he did the exam was he had to do the strep b test so while he was down there he thought he'd root around a little more. I'm at 3cm. But I could have told you that.... the baby has dropped. I'm not at a waddle but I'm definitely at that place where when I try to stand up I can't lean forward in my chair if my knees are together... know what I mean?

Thank goodness I'm easy....... hee-hee.

2 comments:

SarahP said...

I was just discharged (I hate that word) from the hospital because of premature labor. Now I'm on bedrest until FOREVER...like 10 weeks. SO...they do the fetal fibronectin test to see if you will deliver in the next 2 weeks. They do that with a swab, a speculum, and NO LUBE. Which is great when you have popped out a varicose vein in your vag.
Not to mention the routine cervical exam. Feels like a ham bone poking around in there.
Can't wait for your #3!! Don't have the baby in an elevator at the hospital.

Elle said...

DID YOU POP YET? WEREN'T YOU DUE LAST WEEK??? KEEP ME POSTED; CALL ME . . . I'M IN CA, BUT WILL STILL ANSWER YOUR CALL . . . XOXXO . . HAPPY VAGINAL DELIVERING . . .