Friday, September 04, 2009

Breakfast Ideas

We are coming to the close of our first whole week of school.

So far it has been an adventure. He isn't learning anything he doesn't already know and all they do is play all day. He loves marble chutes and snack time.

There is a kid in the other K-class that gets lost all the time.

He took his baseball glove for show-n-tell. The theme was "something that reminds you of summer."

I need more ideas for easy kid breakfasts (now that he isn't eating at daycare for breakfast). Tuff's favorite breakfast is chicken nuggets... the dino-shaped ones. I don't think Sweet will eat pop tarts.... maybe eggo waffles.... although he hasn't been much of a waffle eater since I switched to real syrup from the high-fructose stuff. I even disguised it in a Mrs. Butterworth's bottle but he still doesn't like the taste. We have junky cereal on Fridays. Cocoa Puffs or Lucky Charms. He likes mini-bagels with, get this, mayo. Ew.

Any ideas?

3 comments:

M&Co. said...

Don't limit him, or yourself to breakfast types of food. If he likes pizza, warm up the pizza from last night. If he likes sandwiches, feed him PB&J. Or that's my thoughts on it.

MeesheMama said...

Hey, I'm glad you are back! I disappeared for a minute myself and have returned, and I see you've had some adventures in the past few months. Your newest daughter is lovely and tiny and I hope she is treating all of you well. Peace!

kae said...

Gogurt. The girls go through a box from Costco in two weeks. Oatmeal on cold days when we're not late. Dry cereal. Waffles or pancakes (we freeze extra waffles or pancakes on the weekend and pop them in the toaster). Banana bread. DH makes egg mcmuffins in the microwave. The girls like the breakfast hot pockets but they are a little pricey for everyday breakfast.