Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Cartoons

I have the Jane & The Dragon theme song stuck in my head.

What? You don't? Oh. Go here and click the video link to hear it.

Ahhhh. Qubo.... you and your evil song lyrics.

How do you handle cartoons at your house? We follow a classic cartoon methodology that gives away my 70's upbringing.... Saturday mornings are for cartoons. And eating breakfast in the living room. I like waffles. We get two channels so the kids have a choice of the moral-n-nonviolent Qubo offerings or the more violent stuff on Channel 10. They tend to alternate. And by 11:00 they have to be dressed, have the living room tidy (including breakfast dishes in the sink & tv trays wiped off), and be ready to go outside.

Friday nights are movie night at our house. It was the only way we could stop the "let's watch something" begging every night of the week. Now I just ask, "Huh, is it Friday?" and they have to leave me alone. Although we are watching any and every Christmas cartoon and special during the holidays.... I'm not heartless.

Ah... the eternal Homestead quest to cut down on tv viewing.... sigh.


Jane and the Dragon

There once was a lady in waiting
Let's call her Jane.
That girl wasn't ordinary-
No way for me a lady stuck in waiting
I'd rather battle fire-breathing dragons
I knew I could prove that a girl could be a Knight
Though my friends all laughed at me
but...
I wouldn't be discouraged and trained in secret
Then a dragon pinched the Royal Prince
and everyone was freaking
So I went alone to the dragon's home
to slay the dragon
Hey now, hey now now
Jane and the Dragon are best friends now
Dragon's sweet, he let me save the young Prince
Then the King made me a Knight apprentice
Hey now hey now now...
With Dragon's help I'll be a Knight someday
Composed by Martin Kucaj
Lyrics by Arlene Bishop
Published by Cinesymphonies, Nelvana Limited 2005

4 comments:

3Js said...

I have never heard of this song/show. Thanks fo sharing the site, I am going to check it out now. Elle finally persuaded me to start a blog. Here is my link if you want to take peek :)
http://coffeenowplease.blogspot.com/

Elle said...

i don't know this cartoon . . . but i love the song !!

Homestead said...

Hah! You people with your tivo and your fancy tv stations.... it's on NBC on Saturday mornings in their "Qubo" line up.

kae said...

Sorry...don't know those toons either. Around here we live and die by Peep. Here's a new theme song for you http://www.peepandthebigwideworld.com/videos/themesong.html
If you really like it I'll send you the ringtone from my phone :)