Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nothing is on sale this week either.

Nothing is on sale this week either.

Why not?

I'm not gonna lie.... I wrapped presents on Saturday. I had a netflix movie to watch. Obsessed. Hot didn't want to watch it so I was on my own. During the movie: I tidied and dusted the living room, folded tons of laundry, unpolished my toes and wrapped gifts.

Pretty impressive, no?

Then Saturday evening Hot was complaining about his Smart Wool long johns.... they are warm and wonderful but threadbare. And his Chilly Willies (Hot Chilis) are old and worn out. I whipped out a present (wrapped) and told him to open it. He did. And THAT is when I realized I got the size right but the item wrong. Who knew the Under Armour boxes had a choice of tops OR bottoms? Back to the store I will go.

I need one good solid shopping trip sans the two big children. I need to hit Base Camp and Target and Lasso the Moon without them and I could be done with their stuff. And I'm just waiting and watching for a nice sale on bandaids and whatnot to fill the stockings. Why pay full price?

I got most of the farm gifts wrapped so I'll go ahead and take them up tomorrow and get them out of my house. Mom. Dad. Sis & Hubby. Bro & Wife. Jasper. Sarge. Daisy & Olive. I need to get photos printed to finish Grandpa Kenny's present. And I need to talk to Dad about what he wants to get for Mom.

The kids and I made fudge and peanutbutter blossom cookies this weekend. The blossom cookies turned out a little odd.... I'm thinking my tiny assistants put in an extra cup of flour maybe??? And the fudge got a little over cooked so it isn't as creamy as usual but the fatty hoggers will eat it this weekend anyway... then I can throw together another batch next week for Christmas. That's all the baking I plan.... fudge. Oh and a package of sugar cookie mix so the kids can use the cookie cutters and docorate them. Maybe some caramel corn... we haven't made that in a while.

The kids and I had a slumber party on Sunday night.... Daddy went to a friend's cabin so he could hunt early on Monday. We stayed up late enough to watch Lady Gaga strut her stuff on the music awards. My kids love her. And the Black-eyed Peas.

And we played lots of cards. Sweet taught me how to play War. But are aces high or low? And how does the game END? And we played Speed. Sweet & Tuff played Uno. Tuff dances and sings (opera tenor) with every card played.

Sweet & Tuff played chess yesterday afternoon.... Tuff lost but she didn't mind... she was playing restaurant with the prisoners. That's my girl. Did I tell you the story about her wearing my silky bathrobe? It's all silky and flowered and flowy (My sis got it for me in Japan) and she is wearing it and posing and dancing around and I tell her she looks nice and she says, "Oh. I look beautiful. Just like Judge Judy." I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes.

And Sweet. Sweet was curled up with the baby sleeping. He kept trying to snuggle in and use her as a pillow. She'd grunt and start whapping him with both arms until he moved. Then they'd snooze a bit and then he'd start sneaking in and trying to use her tummy as a pillow again and she would grunt at him and the arms would start going again. I really need to clean out her clothes.... I sent her to daycare in an outfit that was more like a stuffed sausage casing. She could possibly be working on another tooth. Runny nose and drooly... no fever and not unhappy but very clingy.

4 comments:

Christal said...

I love hearing about your life, kids, etc. It makes me smile and it's a nice break from my "everyday" life which is very stressful these days.

It does makes me miss the granddaughters who are all out of state though. Your Bugsy looks like a sweetheart.

PS Can you edit your posts? With "bro and hubby" you might get some ribbing from your sister-in-law.

Caroline said...

This made me so happy. What is it with kids and Judge Judy? Last year I cut all my hair off, very butch, and my 4 yr old son told me "You look beautiful Mom, just like Judge Judy"! It was the sweetest insult I've ever received.

And I'm with you on the no sales. I just payed way too much to fill stockings because I have a little policy against shopping between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I should've started earlier this year I guess.

Homestead said...

hah. ha-ha. Bro & Hubby. My dad just watched Broke Back Mountain.... he is gonna think I did it for his benefit.....

SarahP said...

I love love love Lasso the Moon. I love the little stuffed animals a local woman makes from old sweaters--do they still sell those there?