Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pillow Talk

Apartment Therapy has a post up about how many pillows are too many on the bed.

Go.

Read.

Come back.

Now confess.

I'll go first.

In the past we've had jillions of pillows on the bed. Jillions. Two euro, two standard, four decorative..... all in addition to the actual sleeping pillows... Why? Call it "I registered and they purchased" syndrome. Wedding gifts. Those pillows are repurposed. Our new simplified bed still has a lot:

Hot's sleeping pillow (one of the tempurpedic looking neck things)
My sleeping pillow (one of those half-sized buckwheat jobs)
The middle pillow (a very tired and flat feather pillow for, um, snuggling.... or whatever kid is sleeping between us or additional belly support later in pregnancy)
Two feather fluffy but dense pillows (for reading in bed and to cover the hodge-podge of other pillows for decoration)
One decorative square pillow with some really cool beadwork (that keeps coming off and ending up in Willie's* belly)

And aren't you glad I didn't mention the we-are-trying-to-make-a-baby-hip-elevator pillow?? Oh, come on, you know you all had one.
*Willie is the roomba. Please.... I'm not feeding the dog beads.

2 comments:

kae said...

Pillows....9, but two are really small. I'll try to post a picture.

Anonymous said...

We have 4. I feel crowded enough with my husband's limbs flopping all over the place (and yes, he sleeps in undies). We actually didn't use the hip elevation pillow trick, but both of our bambinos were (I swear) conceived after I laid with my legs up in the air, a la a turtle flipped on the wrong side. Not pretty or even that scientific, but hey, whatever works!