Thursday, May 15, 2008

When I am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple.....

So I've talked about how I simultaneously covet the storage and am horrified by the quantity of stuff in my sis-in-law's house.

Then one of my favorite sites does an article on downsizing a family home.

I have a vision of myself when I am older. (And, in going with the theme of the poem "When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple" I try, daily, to move towards this vision of the kind of person I want to be.)

Anyway. Are you ready?

I plan to be that spunky little old lady who lives downtown. Now, granted, my downtown isn't really a hotbed of activity but I want to be able to walk the the theater, museums and various downtown events. They have some clever condos located downtown that would be funky and interesting living spaces... as well as relatively ADA accessible. I will devil my grandchildren into regular trips to Target and Costco so I don't have to drive. (You hear that kids?? I want grandchildren.... good ones... and keep 'em local, ok?) Maybe I will even be spry enough for weekend trips to our local ski area.... private lessons every Saturday morning at 10... followed by lunch on the hill and a pint of good local microbrew.... I wonder if the Senior Citizen's van has a snowboard rack?

No comments: